A Catskills Winter Vacation in Callicoon, NY
Quite possibly, the most noteworthy attribute of the Sullivan Catskills area is that it maintains a vibrant outdoor recreation scene throughout the entire year. In just a matter of days, the rolling foothills of the Catskills Mountains will be coated in a bright white blanket of snow, making the prospect of a Catskills winter vacation an inviting proposition. Embracing winter is a way of life for those of us residing in Upstate New York. As autumn’s door closes, the parks become more vacant, the lakes freeze, and the temperatures take a noticeable tumble. But don’t let a bit of snow and brisk air prevent you from admiring the beauty of a mid-day snowfall or the crunch of fresh powder underneath your boots. Now is the time to dig out your snowshoes, scarfs, and stocking caps and make the most of the Catskills winter!
Things to Do in the Catskills Winter
Villa Roma Resort in Callicoon, NY, offers an impressive assortment of lodging options ranging from traditional rooms to two-bedroom suites. What’s more, Villa Roma also has a spectacular array of seasonal specials that lend themselves to a more-than-ideal Sullivan Catskills winter retreat. The abundance of serenity is one of the most endearing qualities of winter in the Catskills Mountains. Although our beloved region remains a bustling community, you’ll find more space and fewer people at some of the most popular recreation areas. While there will be people out enjoying the Catskills this winter, there will be times when you’re the first person to step foot on a trail after a recent snowstorm. To help you wade through the various Catskills winter activities, we devised a shortlist of ways for you to spend your vacation.
Catskills Winter Activities
As much as we love spring, summer, and fall, there’s something to be said about winter in the Catskills Mountains. There are plenty of fun activities around Callicoon and the greater Sullivan Catskills, and right at the resort! From snowboarding and downhill skiing to playing video games at the arcade, there’s something for everyone. Here are some of our favorites:
- Downhill skiing and snowboarding are enjoyed at Holiday Mountain.
- Snow tubing at our on-site hill is another fun-filled activity for those wanting to stay at the resort.
- The Villa Roma gym is home to our indoor Sports Complex that features various offerings such as bowling, racquetball, and wallyball.
- Our game room brings friends and family together with a gamut of gaming options ranging from modern arcade games to old-school classics.
- Winter hikes and cross country skiing are excellent physical activities for those who want to explore the Catskills.
- Spa & salon services located on-site are a perfect way to unwind further and rejuvenate while enjoying your winter retreat.
Winter Resorts near NYC
When you consider that Villa Roma is relatively close to New York City, it’s no surprise that we’ve become such a popular winter destination for those who need a seasonal reboot. We’re confident that you’ll find a winter retreat to the Sullivan Catskills is the perfect way to make the best out of the colder season, but don’t take our word for it! Find out for yourself by visiting us online or calling 800-533-6767.