A Catskills Getaway: The Perfect Upstate New York Vacation
As temperatures are starting to warm up, many of us are clamoring for fun in the sun, and a Catskills getaway is just what the doctor ordered. Every year thousands of visitors make their way for an Upstate New York vacation. Widely regarded as one of the best all-inclusive resorts in New York, Villa Roma has a seemingly endless number of outdoor activities. That doesn’t mean all your recreation should be limited to our property. To help you make the most of your Upstate New York vacation, we have comprised a list of things to do in the Catskills both on and off the resort.
Things to Do in the Catskills and at Villa Roma Resort
From horseback riding to bird watching, many of the off-site activities are enjoyable at the resort. Having said that, we encourage you to venture out and take in the Catskills in all their magnificent splendor. Here are some of the things you can enjoy on your Catskills getaway.
- Golf is a favorite pastime for many Upstate New York summer visitors. Villa Roma Resort Golf Course was referred to as “A little slice of heaven” by Golf Digest and considered to have some of the best fairways and greens in the region. In addition to our on-site golf course, there are several other courses in the Callicoon, NY, area.
- Hiking is a great low-impact cardio exercise that is relaxing and healthy. Take a stroll on our hiking trail around the perimeter of the property and through the woods or for some other ideas, explore Trail Keeper, a non-profit organization dedicated to facilitating the needs of hikers in the Sullivan Catskills.
- Horseback riding on the resort is a definite recommendation. Our resident equine enthusiast, Hadley, and his team manage the stables at Villa Roma and will lead you on a 45-minute tour of the rustic trails that meander through dense forest and mountain peaks. Pony rides are also made available for children aged five to ten years old.
- Birdwatching in the Catskills is some of the best in New York. The Sullivan County Audubon Society is an excellent resource, and both the Bashakill Wildlife Management Area and Mongaup Valley Wildlife and Management Area are less than an hour away.
- Kayaking, canoeing, and water rafting on the Delaware River are sure to add some excitement to your Catskills Getaway. Feast your eyes on the abundant wildlife, such as bald eagles, herons, black bears, and white-tailed deer. The Delaware River is also a great place to dial in your fishing gear and make a few casts!
My Sullivan Catskills and Villa Roma Resort
With so many things to do in the Catskills, it’s no wonder that Villa Roma Resort has become one of the best all-inclusive resorts in New York. Keep in mind, the list we created is just the tip of the iceberg, and you will undoubtedly find a myriad of other ways to make lasting memories while staying with us in the Catskills. Please, visit our website or call 800-533-6767 to learn more about how Villa Roma can host your Upstate New York vacation!